Notice will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page of any cancellations of grounds. If you would like to check the council-imposed grounds closures, the information can be found here.
Telarah Dog Training Inc. is a not-for-profit association which is purely run by volunteers, dedicated to responsible dog ownership and to the welfare of dogs. We provide training in companion obedience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with a focus towards food-orientated training and positive reinforcement. Rewards include food, toys, and play interaction with the dog’s handler.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL CURRENT AND NEW MEMBERS OF TELARAH DOG TRAINING
Enrolments are being taken for Puppy classes and Adult Beginners classes to start on April 8. Classes are strictly limited in numbers – a maximum of 8 Puppies and 4 Adult Beginners.
The Puppy course runs for 8 weeks, and the Adult Beginners course for 4 weeks. Both classes must be pre-booked and paid for at least one week prior to the start of the course. Cost for the Puppy course is $60, and for the Adult Beginners, $40. These prices include your one-off Joining Fee, and the Annual Subscription for one person. If more than one person will be training your dog in class (and we are happy for this to happen) then each of those people will need to join the club, at a cost of $15 each.
If you are interested, please phone our Course Convener, Megan Bowe, on 0407 917 494 to have enrolment information sent to you.
Class times are as follows:
8.30am – 9.30am:
10.00am – 10.45am
Puppy Course 3 (Yellow);
Senior Puppies (Orange)
Adult Beginners Continuers (Black)
11.00am – 11.45am
Puppy Course 2 (Yellow)
Adult Beginners Starters (Black)
• A soft collar and a 6ft lead; if your dog wears a head halter, you are welcome to use that in addition to the collar. Dogs may not wear a choker chain (check chain/slip collar) or prong collar while training with the club
• LOTS of soft food treats e.g. Devon, cheese, cabanossi, cooked chicken, Kanga Bangers. Your food needs to be cut into small pieces, about the size of a pea, or smaller if you have a small dog. Please do not bring kibble or dry treats – you dog may love them at home, but at club you will need something much more interesting to be preferable (in your dog’s view) to the other dogs!
• Something to hold your food treats while you are training e.g. a treat pouch or bum-bag works best. Plastic bags in your pocket make it difficult to work easily with your dog. The club sells treat pouches, which are very easy to work with, or you can dig out an old bum-bag from the 80’s!
• A toy that your dog really likes that will fit in your pocket or through your belt (no squeaky toys in class though, please) If it’s a ball, it needs to be a ball-on-a-rope,
• Water and a bowl for your pup and water for you
• A chair for each person who will be attending the class
• A mat for your dog
• Pig’s ear or non-squeaky chew toy or a stuffed Kong (the club has pigs’ ears for sale)
Joining Fee: $5.00
Annual Membership: $10.00
Class Fee: $5.00 per class for Senior Puppy, Junior, Intermediate, Advanced, and Jumping classes
$60 for 8-week Puppy Course
$40 for 4-week Adult Beginners Course
You can find a copy of the membership application form HERE